East Georgia State College
Student-focused, East Georgia State College (EGSC) - a state college offering two-year degrees and targeted bachelor degrees - provides affordable access to quality higher education, enabling all students to achieve their academic goals with minimum delay and expense. EGSC’s specialized attentiveness effectively supports a wide range of academic abilities and preparation levels. Students can pursue associate’s degrees, targeted bachelor’s degrees and transfer paths to other institutions. EGSC’s most recent prominence is in being among the first and few University System of Georgia institutions approved to award associate degrees with disciplinary distinction, which provides students a foundation of courses in a specific major, rather than just the core curriculum.
EGSC also contributes to the region’s economic vitality by producing an educated workforce and continuously engaging the communities it serves through service, educational outreach, cultural enrichment, and economic development opportunities.
- One of the lowest tuition and fee rates in the USG: Coupled with student employment, The Correll Scholars Program, merit, and need-based scholarships, EGSC students generally have a lower college expense which means less student debt.
- Three convenient campus locations: EGSC Swainsboro (main campus) and EGSC Statesboro are near I-16 East. EGSC Augusta is near I-20 East.
- A comfortable transition to college: Safe, nurturing environment with small classes, abundant academic resources, diverse student life activities, and a residential option, Bobcat Villas South and West, on the Swainsboro campus.
- Traditional and online degree programs: EGSC realizes every path to success is different, as are student interests. A range of degree options are available, including a Certificate in Digital Photography, an Associate of Arts in Core Curriculum, an Associate of Arts (AA) with Disciplinary Distinction, an Associate of Science (AS) with Disciplinary Distinction, a Bachelor of Arts in Fire and Emergency Services Administration, as well as a Bachelor of Science in Biology or Nursing (RN to BSN Bridge Program). For a listing of the various disciplinary distinctions available for AA and AS degrees, visit our website at: www.ega.edu/academics.
- Approachable, highly qualified faculty: Focus is on teaching and fostering student academic growth to ensure successful college completion.
- Learning extends beyond the classroom: Situated among a 385.61 acre pine forest, the Swainsboro campus is an outdoor oasis and home to several protected animal and plant species, two ponds, tennis and basketball courts, an 18-hole disc golf course, nature trail, and a cross country track.
- Intercollegiate sports: As a member of the Georgia Collegiate Athletic Association, the Bobcat athletics program includes men’s and women’s basketball, baseball, and softball.
- Connecting college and community: The Sudie A. Fulford Community Learning Center hosts community meetings, workshops, small conferences, lunch and learn events, summer camps, tutoring and other educational opportunities, such as Family Astronomy Night, utilizing its 8,000 square foot outdoor deck and amphitheater, full-dome planetarium, multi-use classroom, resource library, reading room, and great room.
- A catalyst for regional growth: EGSC had an economic impact of more than $80 million during FY18.
East Georgia State College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates, associate degrees and baccalaureate degrees. Contact the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of East Georgia State College.