Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Educational Administration and Policy
This program is designed for working education professionals who bring at least three years of relevant or transferrable work experience. Online learning is combined with clinical experiences conducted under the guidance of a mentor, who must possess Tier I certification, in school districts. Tier I leadership certification courses in Educational Administration and Policy at the University of Georgia prepare students for initial leadership certification and place a strong emphasis on knowledge of effective instructional leadership practices that directly impact teaching and learning. The knowledge, skills, and dispositions that serve as the framework for the Tier I Program are based on the Georgia Educational Leadership Standards. These standards are closely aligned with both the Professional Standards for Educational Leaders (PSEL) and the Georgia Leader Keys Effectiveness System (LKES) Standards. This is a two-year program.
Prospective candidates must, at a minimum:
- Hold Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university,
- Hold a clear renewable Georgia Professional Standards Commission Certification at Level 4,
- Have a preferred cumulative grade point average for all previous undergraduate and graduate courses as being 3.25 or above on a 4-point scale,
- Provide two letters of recommendation from individuals (one from a current school administrator) who know you professionally or as a scholar,
- Have a preferred minimum of 3 years experience in an educational setting,
- Provide a brief statement of purpose consistent with the intended focus of the program. This statement must include the following: (1) academic and/or career goals, and (2) why you want a Tier I leadership certificate? This statement should not exceed one page.
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges