Systems Engineering, MSSENG
The Master of Science in Systems Engineering program provides an opportunity for working professionals to acquire advanced systems engineering skills through full or part-time study. The Master of Science in Systems Engineering program will educate professionals with science, technology or engineering backgrounds to solve industry challenges of the 21st century. These professionals will develop the advanced systems engineering knowledge to assess program risks, understand requirements and develop solutions to meet the complex needs of business and technology. Systems Engineering classes are offered completely on-line. Instructors use a variety of state-of-the-art instructional tools that allow students to pursue the Systems Engineering degree from anywhere they can access the Internet.
The following are requirements beyond the general Graduate Admissions requirements. Applicants must submit the following to the Graduate Admissions Office no later than the published deadline date for the semester in which the applicant plans to enroll:
- Official transcript to be sent from each college or university attended.
- A 1 - 2 page Statement of Purpose describing your career and educational goals, and
- A current resume.
International students should consult the graduate admission website for additional requirements.
Applicants to the Master of Science Program with a major in Systems Engineering must have the following qualifications to be eligible for this program:
An undergraduate degree in engineering, engineering technology, computer science, physical science, or other technically oriented major from an accredited college or university. Interested students from other disciplines may be admitted to the program, but may be required to complete additional courses.
A minimum undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 (on the 4.0 scale) or its equivalent. Applicants with a GPA of 2.75 or better may be considered if they meet any of the following:
- A minimum of 4 years’ relevant work experience in the field of engineering after their undergraduate degree. You must supply at least two (2) recommendations from former or current employers/supervisors. The letters of recommendation must clearly state your years of employment and relevant work experience.
- Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering exam.
- Official GRE scores meeting the current admission profile: 148 (600 on old scale) Quantitative
Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology