Educational Leadership, Ed.S.
The Ed.S. Degree with a major in Educational Leadership provides candidates with the content knowledge necessary to meet PSC requirements for Tier II Educational Leadership Certification. The program is in accordance with the new educational leadership standards and outcomes required of licensure in Georgia by the Professional Standards Commission. Admission is open to any individual who meets the admission requirements of the Education Preparation Provider (EPP). Admission to and completion of the Tier II program will not lead to additional pay until employed by a Local United of Administration (LUA) in a leadership position that requires Tier II certification.
- Ed.S. may accept up to 6 hours of approved credit.
- Tier I Certification Only may accept 3 hours of approved credit.
- Partnership Agreement between KSU and Candidate’s School District or Charter/Independent School
- Agreement that District or Independent School to “support” Candidate in this program (this differs by institution - please check with your human resources department or administration)
- Complete a program application
- a master’s degree - or higher - in a professional education or related field
- Have a minimum of four (4) years of teaching or administrative experience
- No GRE required
- Hold a leadership “position” or “role” as defined by your District or Independent/Charter school (Teachers can be admitted with district approval)
- Hold current Georgia leadership certification (L or PL only) OR have a Tier I Educational
- Individuals from out of state who are not seeking Georgia Tier-II certification are not required to have a Georgia Tier-I certification; however, it is strongly advised that you contact your respective state licensing agency to determine if our curriculum meets your state requirements.
Accredited through Georgia Public Standards Commission