Teacher Support and Coaching Endorsement
The Teacher Support and Coaching (TSC) Endorsement Program in Early Childhood and Elementary Education is one of six endorsements offered through the Department of Early Childhood and Elementary Education.
The TSC Endorsement is embedded in the M.Ed. Elementary Education program as one of the eight concentrations offered to students. In addition, graduate students may elect to earn a stand-alone endorsement in TSC by enrolling and successfully completing: ECE 8400 Teacher Development and ECE 8680 Internship in Teacher Support.
Candidates must have three years of teaching experience to be eligible to enroll in the six (6) hours of Teacher Support and Coaching Endorsement courses.
One content course focuses on developing a deep and broad knowledge of research on teacher development, induction and retention including the:
- conditions and contexts that may inhibit or promote teacher knowledge, growth and change
- professional learning needs of teachers across their career lifespan
- productive coaching activities
One internship course provides an authentic residency that focuses on coaching and mentoring teacher candidates and other early-career teachers.
When applying to the Teacher Support & Coaching (TSC) Endorsement, Non-Degree program, you will need to submit several documents for review.
- Online Application
- Application fee of $50
- Goals Statement (upload with the application)
- Resume (upload with the application)
- One Letter of Recommendation
- Must have minimum of three years of teaching experience
- Proof that you meet certification requirements in Georgia
- Official Transcript(s): must provide proof of bachelors degree
Submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended either electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mailing directly to Georgia State University | Office of Graduate Admissions | P.O. Box 4018 Atlanta, GA 30302