Master of Science in Kinesiology - Coaching Education
Become a better coach, online.
This 13 month program was created by full-time Georgia Southern University faculty with coaching experience in 1998, has been fully online to fit in your busy schedule since 2007 and is still taught by full-time faculty with coaching experience. Our relevant coursework in areas such as performance enhancement, program administration, athletic training and coaching effectiveness are immediately applicable to coaches at any level and any sport or setting. Our program is one of three nationally accredited by the National Committee for Accreditation of Coaching Education and the curriculum follows the National Standards Sport Coaches.
Program of Study
Effective 2023, the Coaching Education cohort program starts each June and consists of 10 classes (30 credit hours) completed in only 13 months.
The program is accredited for Quality Coach Education Practices by the United States Center for Coaching Excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Regular admission will be considered for students with a grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 (4.0 scale) for the last 60 credit hours*
- A full vitae or resume that includes the following:
- Work history
- Professional experiences
- Membership and participation in professional organizations
- Other experiences related to the academic program
- Contact information for a minimum of three references
- A College of Graduate Studies online application
*Provisional admission will be considered to those with a minimum 2.50 (4.0 scale) undergraduate GPA for the last 60 credit hours.
*Achievement of the minimum admission requirements of the College of Graduate Studies and requirements of the graduate program does not guarantee admission to that graduate degree program.
This program is a cohort-centered program. Each summer session (May), a cohort of coaches begin their program. We do not accept students to begin the program for the fall or spring semesters. Must be coaching while in the program.
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges