Master of Education - Curriculum and Instruction: Accomplished Teaching
If you are a classroom teacher interested in increasing your curricular and instructional skills, the M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – Accomplished Teaching was designed for you. In this fully online program, courses are offered on a continuous basis allowing for part-time enrollment, and you will not be required to visit campus to complete the program.
This curriculum and instruction master’s degree (M.Ed.) is offered through three fully accredited universities in the University System of Georgia: Valdosta State University, Georgia Southern University and Columbus State University. Top graduate faculty from each school teach the online courses.
As a student in the program, you will benefit from:
- You’ll learn 100% online in a flexible learning environment.
- A highly interactive setting that promotes leadership, collegiality, and communication skills.
- A program that emphasized the application of acquired knowledge and skills in your classroom and school.
- Meaningful and useful learning outcomes.
Teachers in the curriculum and instruction master’s program come from a range of classroom settings and subject areas. They choose the online M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – Accomplished Teaching because of its accreditation, quality, and fit with their busy lifestyles.
This program adds a new field of Curriculum & Instruction to a Professional certificate. This is an advanced professional program that can only be added to a level four or higher renewable Professional certificate in any field. The educator can apply and be admitted to the program with an Induction certificate; however, in order to add the new field and received a certificate upgrade, the candidate must hold a level four or higher renewable Professional certificate.
The educator who is in possession of a level four or higher renewable Professional certificate will qualify for a level 5 Georgia certificate upgrades with a new Field program upon successful completion of all program requirements, achieving a passing score on the required GACE Content Assessments for Curriculum & instruction, and applying for and successfully adding Curriculum & Instruction to the educator’s GaPSC certificate.
See program FAQs:https://coe.georgiasouthern.ed...
- Complete requirements for a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Possess a valid, level four or higher Induction, Professional, Advanced Professional, or Lead Professional teaching certificate, leadership certificate, service field certificate, or Life certificate.
- Present a cumulative 2.75 (4.0 scale) grade point average or higher on all undergraduate and graduate work combined.
Applicants may be approved for provisional admission based on the quality of the admission material presented. Provisional students must earn grades of ‘B’ or higher in their first nine (9) hours of course work after admission and meet any other stipulations outlined by the department to be converted to regular status.
*International transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES accredited evaluation service and must be a course by course evaluation and include a GPA. (naces.org)
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges