Endorsement: Online Teaching and Learning
The Online Teaching and Learning Endorsement prepares K-12 educators to teach in a virtual school environment. Approved by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission (PSC), candidates will continually be exposed to new and exciting technologies to enhance any learning environment they encounter now and in the future.
The Online Teaching and Learning Endorsement program objectives will:
- provide pedagogical skills and framework for teaching in virtual settings.
- contribute to equal access of a broad range of curriculum for K-12 students across the state.
- allow educators to meet the needs of diverse learners utilizing media strategies and instructional design practices.
- be a hands-on learning experience within a virtual environment.
Candidates will be immersed in the learning process as an online student as well as be involved in the instructional process as an online teacher. They will examine the application of learning theories in the design of instruction and determine best and/or promising practices and theories of online teaching and learning to utilize within a K-12 virtual school.
- Possess a valid, level four or higher Induction, Professional, Advanced Professional, or Lead professional teaching certificate.
- Present a 3.25 or higher GPA on all graduate work attempted.
- Complete Disclosure and Affirmation questions that address misconduct disclosure, criminal background check, the Code of Ethics for Educators, and tort liability insurance.
*International transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES-accredited evaluation service and must be a course-by-course evaluation and include a GPA. (naces.org)
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation