Endorsement - Gifted In-field Graduate Endorsement - Online
The Gifted In-field Graduate Endorsement is fully online and designed for candidates to participate in field experiences providing them with opportunities to observe, practice, and demonstrate the knowledge skills, and dispositions delineated in institutional, state, and national standards to teach gifted learners at the grade levels of their intended certification. The program is approved by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission (PSC).
The four courses for the gifted in-field endorsement have purposely been planned for candidates to participate in systematically designed field experiences in settings that provide them with opportunities to observe, practice, and demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and dispositions delineated in institutional, state, and national standards to teach gifted learners at the grade levels of their intended certification. The program is approved by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission (PSC).
Candidates in the Gifted In-field Endorsement Program will understand how gifted learners grow and develop, recognizing that patterns of learning and development vary individually including the cognitive, linguistic, social, emotional, and cultural aspects of gifted learners in order to design and teach developmentally appropriate and challenging learning experiences. In addition, candidates will plan instruction that supports every gifted learner in meeting rigorous learning goals by drawing upon knowledge of the nature and needs of gifted learners, content areas, differentiated curriculum, and pedagogy and use multiple methods of assessment to engage learners in their own growth, to monitor learner progress, and to guide the teacher’s and learner’s decision making. Candidates will also learn the significance of the learning context in order to ensure academically challenging learning environments that enable gifted learners to meet high standards and to interact with other high-ability learners.
All courses are online, however, candidates must complete 20 hours in the field with each course.
- Completed requirements for a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Possess a renewable Georgia level four Induction certificate or higher. Certification must be in one of the following: Elementary Education, Middle Grades Education, Secondary Education, and Special Education.
- Present a cumulative 3.0 (4.0 scale) grade point average or higher on all undergraduate and graduate work combined.
- Submit a personal statement of purpose, not to exceed 200 words, that identifies the applicant’s reasons for pursuing a Gifted In-field Endorsement.
- Submit a completed “Disclosure and Affirmation Form” that addresses misconduct disclosure, the Code of Ethics for Educators, and tort liability insurance.
*International transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES-accredited evaluation service and must be a course-by-course evaluation and include a GPA. (naces.org)
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation