Bachelor of Science Medical Laboratory Science: Online Fast-Track Medical Lab Science Program
Late applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Qualified applicants that met the March 1 deadline will be granted priority over applications received after the initial deadline. Visit the links below to access the desired program to identify the extended deadline date. Certain programs may continue to review applications after the deadline until the program’s capacity is met.
Format: Online Program
The Medical Laboratory Science Online Fast-Track program is also available to students who have completed a Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology or Chemistry and have a 2.5 or greater GPA overall and within the sciences. Students eligible for this program must currently work in a hospital laboratory setting. We will require a Statement of Support Form from the hospital clinical site. Before admittance into the program, the hospital clinical site must be approved.
The program consists of an online didactic component and a training experience in an approved clinical laboratory. This program provides students with a high-quality academic and professional environment. The program graduate will satisfy eligibility requirements for a professional certification exam at the MLS level. The Medical Laboratory Science program graduates will qualify for employment in various settings and progress within the clinical laboratory science field to education, supervision, or management positions. Students in this track must maintain training support at an approved clinical facility while enrolled in the program.
South Carolina Residents: Georgia Southern University works in conjunction with the South Carolina Hospital Association to provide clinical sites for students’ training. Students must maintain training support at an approved clinical facility while enrolled in the program. Some hospitals may provide tuition assistance and clinical training support.
With a completion time of just four semesters and high demand in the job market, this nationally accredited program truly offers a fast track to your career. Our graduates have a very successful record of achieving board certification.
- Applicants must be accepted by Georgia Southern University.
- Applicants must apply and pay for the Allied Health Centralized Application Service (AHCAS) Application. Information is located on the Medical Laboratory Science Home Page.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or greater overall and in all sciences.
- All Core courses (including AREA D and AREA F) must be completed with a grade of “C” or better prior to program admission.
- Applicants who have applied for grade forgiveness or academic renewal will have their transcripts evaluated on a case-by-case basis in accordance with university policies.
- Other applicants who do not meet the minimum criteria may be considered under special circumstances.
- Additionally, there may be program-specific requirements that may need to be met.