Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN program)
Get ready for the fast-track to your BSN degree. Georgia Southern’s 100% online RN to BSN program gives you the flexibility to gain a BSN on your schedule.
- Fully online program
- Full- or part-time enrollment
- Flexible, individualized clinical hours
- Credit for up to 29 previously earned nursing credits
- Specifically designed for working registered nurses
- Program can be completed in as few as two semesters
- Individual advising from the RN-BSN program director and a professional academic advisor (pre- or post-admission to the University)
The RN-BSN Program offers the opportunity for Registered Nurses to return to school to complete their BSN. Our fully online program is developed to offer flexibility for students to complete the program in one or two years.
The RN-BSN Program is a participant in the Georgia RN-BSN Articulation Model for registered nurses returning for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree. After successful completion of 6 credit hours of RN-BSN nursing courses with a grade of C or higher, RN students will be awarded 29 hours of proficiency credit.
Requirements for admission to the program are based on those in place at the time of application. To be considered for admission, applicants must:
- Attain admission to Georgia Southern University
- View important information about your admission status, transcripts, course transfer information, and more at https://admissions.georgiasouthern.edu/
- Request official transcript(s) for all college course work attempted and assured that the transcripts have been received in the Georgia Southern University, Office of Admissions, P.O. Box 8024, Statesboro, GA 30460;
- have received an Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing from an NLN or CCNE-accredited institution;
- Possess a current Georgia RN Licensure or Compact RN License;
- have achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on all coursework attempted. Provisional admission with a 2.70-3.0 is available. Students admitted on provisional status must earn a minimum of “B” grade in the first 6 hours of nursing courses attempted;
- have completed Area A math course, Area D, and Area F. Applicants must have no more than 10 hours of core courses left to complete;
- Submit a completed RN-BSN online application to the School of Nursing, by the posted deadline: April 1st for the Fall semester or October 1st for the Spring semester;
- Students may take two select nursing courses without being admitted to the RN-BSN Program, with permission from the RN-BSN Program Director.
- No nursing entrance exam is required
Upon admission to the program, students must:
- Attend the RN-BSN Orientation.
- Meet all School of Nursing clinical course requirements, including: (a) Current American Heart Association or American Red Cross CPR for Healthcare Providers certification; (b) Professional RN Liability Insurance (a word about liability insurance); and (c) USG-SHIP mandatory health insurance enrollment or waiver (information provided to student after admission); Release of Records; Program Agreement.
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education