Associate of Arts, Core Curriculum
Complete your core courses and earn an Associate's degree, fully online.
- This program is offered through the Liberty Campus and online.
- Students planning to work toward a baccalaureate degree consult with their advisors to select Area F courses that meet the listed requirements of that degree program based on those available online and at the Liberty Campus.
- To qualify for the Associate of Arts, a student must earn at least 25% of the credits required at Georgia Southern.
Undergraduate admission requirements are dependent on your student type.
Please select one of the following:
- Adult Learners (those who have been out of high school for at least 5 years, or your high school class graduated at least 5 years ago)
- Military and Veteran
- International Students
- Former Georgia Southern Students
First-year students applying to Georgia Southern University through the summer 2025 semester can be admitted without an ACT or SAT score if they have a GPA of 3.2 or higher.* Students who have a GPA of less than 3.2 should submit official ACT or SAT scores along with their high school transcript to be considered for admission. All students must be on track to complete the Required High School Curriculum to be admitted. Learn more on the Freshman Requirements Page.
Adult learners may be required to take the ACCUPLACER test, a computerized placement test that measures skills in math, reading, and writing. Contact the Academic Success Center to schedule a time to take the test. The ACCUPLACER must be completed prior to enrollment. Contact the Academic Success Center for more details.
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges