Master of Public Health

Augusta University
Degree Level Masters
Total Credit Hours 45
Per Credit Hour Cost Get information on the per credit hour cost. See Website

Program Description

The Master of Public Health program at Augusta University prepares public health leaders proficient in the application and dissemination of knowledge and skills to prevent disease, improve the delivery of health services, and promote the health of populations. The program attracts professionals from diverse clinical and non-clinical backgrounds, including medicine, nursing, allied health, business, finance, economics, engineering, and information systems.

Graduates are prepared to be leaders in health care institutions, public health organizations, the pharmaceutical and information technology industries, and research institutions.


Health Management

Prepares professionals with an interdisciplinary knowledge base and skill set for administrative and leadership positions in the increasingly complex health care and public health sectors.

Health Informatics

Prepares professionals with requisite knowledge and skills to create, analyze, and manage information systems and technologies to improve public health practices and outcomes.

Social and Behavioral Sciences

The Social and Behavioral Sciences in public health address the behavioral, social, and cultural factors related to individual, population, health disparities over the life course. Research and practice in this area contributes to the development, administration, and evaluation of programs and policies in public health and health systems aimed at promoting and sustaining healthy environments and healthy lives for individuals and populations.

Program Options

Public Health

The MPH program offered by the Institute of Public and Preventive Health delivers approximately 90 percent of its content via online courses. The remaining 10 percent is delivered as on-campus courses which requires attendance to classes at the Augusta University Health Science Campus.

Augusta University Online

Augusta University Online offers the MPH program via fully online, asynchronous courses. This program is a 45 credit sequence that provides core competencies of public health and concentrations in Health Management, Health Informatics, and Social and Behavioral Sciences.


The MPH program is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health.

Please note: At this time, Augusta University's MPH program does not offer sufficient on-campus course work for students with F-1 or J-1 student status to meet all study requirements.

Admissions Information

To be considered for admission to the online MPH program, the following items must be submitted along with your application:

  • Official transcripts from all universities and colleges attended, showing that you’ve earned a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university, with a GPA above 2.8 on a 4.0 scale
  • Three formal letters of recommendation
  • Resume/CV
  • Proof of Lawful Presence: According to Policy 4.3.4 of the University System of Georgia, any student requesting to pay at the in-state tuition rate will be required to provide verification of their lawful presence in the United States in order to be classified as an in-state student or awarded an out-of-state tuition waiver.

A completed application with all supporting materials and documentation must be submitted by July 1 for fall admission. Applications and supporting materials received after this deadline will be considered on a space-available basis. Early application and submission of all application materials are strongly encouraged.

Program Accreditation

Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges

Council on Education for Public Health