Masters of Business Administration
Albany State University offers the Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree program with concentrations in Accounting, Healthcare Administration, Supply Chain and Logistics Management, and Public Administration. The general MBA and MBA in Public Administration is a 30-semester hour graduate degree program, while the MBA with concentrations in Accounting, Healthcare Administration, and Supply Chain and Logistics Management is a 33-semester hour graduate degree program.
The MBA Mission
The faculty and staff of the School of Business in the College of Business, Education, and Professional Studies are firmly committed to offering a real-world graduate degree program for business professionals who seek advancement to middle and upper-level management positions. The program is also designed to meet the academic needs and expectations of new undergraduate degree holders. The MBA program's fundamental purpose is to develop professional managers/leaders capable of making valuable contributions to the sustainability and growth of their chosen organizations.
The program's primary geographic focus has been individuals located throughout the Albany, Georgia metropolitan area, Southwest Georgia, and the Southeastern United States. With distance learning opportunities and other technological advancements such as online courses, the program aims to reach out to business professionals throughout the country and the world.
MBA Program Goals and Objectives
MBA students can acquire the knowledge, skills, and leadership competencies to perform effectively in complex and rapidly changing environments. They can develop strategies and respond proactively to business challenges and opportunities.
Graduates learn to integrate functional expertise in seamless organizations and to create high-performance, pluralistic organizational cultures appropriate to the business environment. Such cultures generate the best possible solutions to problems, facilitate the development of truly innovative products and services that allow organizations to compete in global markets, and give every employee the opportunity to contribute their very best and thus promote above-average returns for the business.
- All students must meet the following requirements before acceptance into the MBA program:
- Baccalaureate degree earned in any field from a regionally accredited college or university
- Submission of a completed application for admission
- An official copy of academic transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Two letters of reference that focus on the candidate's potential success in graduate education
- A 1000-word statement of purpose.
If English is not the applicant's first language, the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score is required and considered pursuant to the International Student requirements below.
International Student Admission Requirement
International applicants are strongly encouraged to apply for admission to Albany State University's Graduate Programs in Business. In addition to the standard application procedure, there are several additional steps that must be taken.
- Statement of Financial Responsibility
- Affidavit of Support
- TOEFL - Must be submitted unless English is the native language. Minimum scores: 500 (Paper Based Test), 173 (Computer Based Test), 61 (Internet Based Test)
- WES - (Evaluation of Foreign Educational Credentials) - Transcripts from institutions outside the United States must first be submitted to World Education Services, Inc. for a course by course evaluation before being mailed to the Director of Admissions
- VISA / PASSPORT copy
- Certificate of F-1 eligibility
- I-20 (If you are coming from another U.S institution, a copy of your I-94 and I-20 are required). Once the applicant's file is completed and an admission decision has been made, the International Student Coordinator will send the student an I-20 Form, enabling the student to Apply for a VISA
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs